Don't know what breed or gender you have? Click here!

Hello all

I'm pretty new to chickens. We had some when I was a kid but more than just throwing food out for them I knew nothing. So I recently decided I would try my hand at raising chickens. My original plan was to go get specific breeds after getting my coop built. Well I haven't finished my coop but my local farm store had some chicks and I ended up coming home a couple weeks ago with 5 little cuties. They were labeled as assorted bantams but I don't know how accurate that is. I'm not even sure how old they are. The kid that helped me at the store was clueless.

So anyway I'm just curious if anyone could identify these breeds. If the sex if obvious too that would be great to know but I don't know how soon that can be told without better pictures.
The first two are the day I got them and the last are more recent pictures of each chicken. Sorry the pictures aren't so great. The little buggers won't sit still for anything.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Last edited:
20170607_180614.jpg
20170607_180438.jpg
20170607_180447.jpg
20170607_180510_Burst01.jpg
20170607_180427.jpg
The 2nd and 3rd pics are the same chicken and the 4th and fifth are the same chickens. Both at different angles. They will be 7 weeks this week.

Hello all

I'm pretty new to chickens. We had some when I was a kid but more than just throwing food out for them I knew nothing. So I recently decided I would try my hand at raising chickens. My original plan was to go get specific breeds after getting my coop built. Well I haven't finished my coop but my local farm store had some chicks and I ended up coming home a couple weeks ago with 5 little cuties. They were labeled as assorted bantams but I don't know how accurate that is. I'm not even sure how old they are. The kid that helped me at the store was clueless.

So anyway I'm just curious if anyone could identify these breeds. If the sex if obvious too that would be great to know but I don't know how soon that can be told without better pictures.
The first two are the day I got them and the last are more recent pictures of each chicken. Sorry the pictures aren't so great. The little buggers won't sit still for anything.
View attachment 1034839 View attachment 1034840 View attachment 1034841 View attachment 1034842 View attachment 1034844 View attachment 1034845 View attachment 1034846

Pic #1 is a light Brahma
Pic #2 is an old English game bantam
Pic #3 ? Maybe Cochin?
Pic #4 ?????
Pic #5 silver sebright?

Back
Top Bottom