Don't know what breed or gender you have? Click here!

IMG_2928.JPG
IMG_2931.JPG
IMG_2932.JPG
IMG_2934.JPG
IMG_2936.JPG
IMG_2937.JPG
IMG_2940.JPG
I have a few I want opinions on, the first two are supposedly sexed production layers but they have big combs! Unknown age.. maybe 5 weeks? Rose is the brown one, canary is white.

IMG_2884.JPG
IMG_2966.JPG
IMG_2967.JPG
IMG_2971.JPG
IMG_2973.JPG
IMG_2976.JPG
IMG_2979.JPG
And then I have hawk! I've posted her before and everyone thought pullet but now her comb is pink and I'm wondering if this puff of raised feathers on her back is the start of saddle feathers? She's 8-9 weeks

Please someone, tell me that these are all hens. I've already discovered one rooster, and I'm fairly sure the rest are girls. I'm a little paranoid now though, so want to double check with people more educated at this than I am. They are ameracauna, bantam and australop. Please set my mind at ease!
20170629_150131.jpg
20170629_145830.jpg
20170629_150141.jpg

I don't know about the coloration, but it is VERY unlikely that you have 11 pullets. Think of it like this: 100 chicks hatch. 50 males and 50 females. More people order females, so let's say that 40 females are ordered. Let's also say that only 20 males were ordered. Let's say that you ordered the remaining 40 straight run chicks. In that straight run, there are 30 males, and only 10 females. It is very improbable that you have only one cockerel. Good Luck!
Straight run birds, by definition, have not been sexed. So getting 11 out of 12 females is just as likely as flipping a coin heads 11 out of 12 times, which is certainly possible.

Sexed chicks are sold as females or males. As people tend to order more pullets than cockerels, the excess cockerels are euthanized, not sold as straight run chicks.

This little one is finally getting feathers. My daughters ag class hatched this 'bantam' but we have no clue what it is. She/he has stayed small and fuzzy forever it seems. Hatched the week before Easter and just feathered this past week. Breed and gender anyone?
IMG950806.jpg

This little one is finally getting feathers. My daughters ag class hatched this 'bantam' but we have no clue what it is. She/he has stayed small and fuzzy forever it seems. Hatched the week before Easter and just feathered this past week. Breed and gender anyone?View attachment 1063448
I can only hazard a guess but it kind of looks like a Barred Cochin Bantam chicken. As far as gender, probably won't be able to tell until around 4 months old or so to see if he/she crows or doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom