Don't know what breed or gender you have? Click here!

Just got these chicks yesterday at Tractor Supply. #1 was marked as a Rhode Island Red pullet, but looks nothing like what our current red hen did as a chick, so I'm curious. #2 & #3 are ISA Brown, which I've never heard of. Anyone have experience with them? #4 is a straight run Barred Rock. I'm crossing my fingers for a hen, I really don't want a rooster!

Attachments

• IMG_0065.JPG
    IMG_0065.JPG
    493.4 KB · Views: 11
View attachment 1117609 I was told when I bought this bird that it was a roo. But my leghorn rooster won't stop mounting it. This morning I had a mysterious egg under this bird on the perch. Now either I'm confused or my birds are. Is this a roo or a hen. Thanks
Hen. A lot of people mistake the reddening comb of a maturing pullet for a sure sign of a cockerel and sell the bird.

Anyone know what breed or sex this tiny guy is? He was running around loose at the hatchery where we got nine slightly older chicks of other breeds (and the owner gave it to my daughter since she was able to catch it!). TheView attachment 1117695 View attachment 1117698 hatchery owner thought it could be a Silkie because its feet have some tiny bit of feathering. But it doesn't look like any Silkie we've ever had before.
Silkie mix. Too young to sex.

Just got these chicks yesterday at Tractor Supply. #1 was marked as a Rhode Island Red pullet, but looks nothing like what our current red hen did as a chick, so I'm curious. #2 & #3 are ISA Brown, which I've never heard of. Anyone have experience with them? #4 is a straight run Barred Rock. I'm crossing my fingers for a hen, I really don't want a rooster!
No idea what #1 is. #2 is your Rhode Island Red. #3 is an ISA Brown.

IMG_4034.JPG
IMG_4034.JPG
IMG_4034.JPG
IMG_4034.JPG
IMG_4034.JPG
IMG_4007.JPG
IMG_4009.JPG
IMG_4037.JPG
IMG_4036.JPG
I believe I have 2x austrolorps and 1x lohman. One of the austrolorps has a ginger colour coming through? Seems a bit unusual considering what I've googled. I'm trying to also determine the sex of them too. I'm thinking the log man ginger is a rooster??? They are approx 6 weeks old.

One last debate on these before they officially join the roo crew box this weekend for rehoming. Thank you all for doing this for so many people, y'all are a godsend. :hugs

White Cochin bantam, 10 weeks old. Has a hen like body to me but I caught it trying to make some crow sounds alongside my other known Roos just this morning.
IMG_1508.JPG IMG_1511.JPG IMG_1513.JPG
Buff Orp Bantam, 10 weeks old. Not crowing but I've never been sure of this birds gender.
IMG_1518.JPG IMG_1524.JPG IMG_1528.JPG IMG_1534.JPG
5 week old silver pencil Cochin bantam. Looks a ripe candidate to me.
IMG_1538.JPG

View attachment 1117924 View attachment 1117924 View attachment 1117924 View attachment 1117924 View attachment 1117924 View attachment 1117921 View attachment 1117917 View attachment 1117920 View attachment 1117919 I believe I have 2x austrolorps and 1x lohman. One of the austrolorps has a ginger colour coming through? Seems a bit unusual considering what I've googled. I'm trying to also determine the sex of them too. I'm thinking the log man ginger is a rooster??? They are approx 6 weeks old.
You've got one Australorp pullet, one red sexlink pullet, and what looks like an Asian Black cockerel.

One last debate on these before they officially join the roo crew box this weekend for rehoming. Thank you all for doing this for so many people, y'all are a godsend. :hugs

White Cochin bantam, 10 weeks old. Has a hen like body to me but I caught it trying to make some crow sounds alongside my other known Roos just this morning.
View attachment 1117979 View attachment 1117980 View attachment 1117981
Buff Orp Bantam, 10 weeks old. Not crowing but I've never been sure of this birds gender.
View attachment 1117982 View attachment 1117983 View attachment 1117984 View attachment 1117985
5 week old silver pencil Cochin bantam. Looks a ripe candidate to me.
View attachment 1117986
All of them are cockerels. Still a bit too young at 10 weeks old for obvious male specific feathering.

Back
Top Bottom