Doris

VonnieD

In the Brooder
May 18, 2024
Well my Doris wasn't well. She hadn't eaten and not taken fluid for two days. I read the advice. I tried to rehydrate her. I bought Epsom salts to giver her a lovely bath. She became super agitated when my partner and I tried to feed her some water. Just a little in a syringe. She panicked and went into shock. She stopped breathing. I tried to massage her chest. But it didn't work. My partner is sitting with her wrapped in a lovely warm towel in the family room. I'm sitting crying in the lounge. I suffer from depression. The chickens were a Christmas present three years ago to cheer me up. I loved them both. But Doris was my favourite.

My dog Oscar died last year, 6 th September. That broke my heart too.

We will bury Doris next to Oscar. I still have Brenda but the two were joined at the hip. They followed me everywhere. I made up special food for them each day. Lots of fresh vegetables.

I know, she was a chicken but she was my chicken. All my neighbours received her eggs.

Say a prayer for Doris. She is in God's garden now. And I'm bereft.

Pics. Oscar, my dog. Doris and Brenda. Doris is the lighter colour and not as big as Brenda. They loved sitting outside the family room window so they could see us.

Attachments

• received_3704931426431010.jpeg
    received_3704931426431010.jpeg
    552 KB · Views: 21
  • 2023-09-21.jpg
    2023-09-21.jpg
    467.3 KB · Views: 8
There are foolish people in the world who will tell you that Doris was "just a chicken." I feel sorry for those people because they don't understand just how much joy we lucky folks can feel when we share a bond with our birds.

I am sorry for your heartbreaking loss of Doris and Oscar. Please take care of yourself and Brenda.

Haven't stopped crying yet. I will. Thank you for your lovely consoling words. I talk to all my pets, including the fish and the cat. I'm sure they understand me.

Doris will be in God's garden now.
I have to stay here and mourn my loss. God bless you sweet.🙏💜

Back
Top Bottom