Double barred red cuckoo X silver partridge

cd3farm

In the Brooder
Feb 2, 2015
I have 3 silver partridge hens but no silver partridge roo. I have a gorgeous double barred red cuckoo roo and was wondering if I put him on the hens if I would get Crele with more red in them??? My Crele that I have lean more to the gold and grey. Thanks for your imput.

welcome-byc.gif

I don't know the answer to your question, but if you post on this forum, you may get some information:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/14/general-breed-discussions-faq

Good luck, thanks for joining us!

welcome to Backyard chickens, hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Sometimes folks get color breeding advice on the "what breed or gender," thread You can give it at try.

Crele is Black Breasted Red with the barring gene. Your cross would produce birds that look similar, but will be more varied (no two will look exactly the same). They would not actually be Crele. You could get non-typical red sexlinks though.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Sounds like a beautiful chicken.

Back
Top Bottom