Double shell-less egg

Tippy Toes

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 21, 2014
Has anyone seen this before? What appears to be a double shell-less egg?
One of my chickens... I suspect, the Light Sussex, has laid consistently (in the nest box) for about a month then... nothing for four days.
Here's what I found... under the perch.

Two shell-less eggs (L and R - covered in poop) and a double yolker (? - centre)

Close up of the double yolker. The membrane is all in one, connecting the two eggs.

After four days and 3 x shell-less eggs, she missed one day then laid a double yolker 79gm! and then an egg per day for the last 2 days. I'm hoping that, being young (28.2 wks), her body is just still working it all out and she will now continue with no problems.
She didn't appear to be different in her habits or eating. Poop was normal. It's a mystery.
I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had a similar looking 'joined' shell-less egg.

I was fixing to start a new thread, glad I saw this.... I suspect these came from my 2 BA's. 1, Henrietta didn't lay yesterday, 2, WinDixie has been singing egg song but no egg.... These were under roost this morning.....

Mine has a shell but it's a soft shell... I know it's normal sometimes for them to have an OOPs... But these are from 2 different birds right??

I suspect they will settle down. My girls are all now laying early in the morning and thus far... an egg a day each.
I know they won't always lay daily but that is the status quo to date.
Good luck with it all.

Back
Top Bottom