Double Yokes?

No it is not normal. Constant double yolkers can be a sign of lsying issues.

This mostly happens when they start to lay.  Great eggs, but not always so good for the hen.  Hopefully she will get straightened out.
It is also common with older layers.

During the begging of summer, I got a double yolker from my RSL every month. Every day just seems really off. They will wear out their egg clock very early if they keep it up!

She's an isa brown and i'm pretty sure it's her, but would have to do some research.
She will just become 'spent' faster than the others. Are you keeping her around after she stops laying? As long as she can push them out without issue.. I don't know what you could do to stop them.. It might just be how she is.. Kind of like how some of us women ovulate more than one egg a month and have a higher chance of fraternal twins. But every single day? Wow.. That just seems really uncommon to me!

This happens when the ovaries release two yolks at the same time - the chickens body just treats them as one egg. It is more common in young layers and some birds are genetically predisposed just like some people-families have lots of twins. If you are just eating the eggs it is no big deal. If you are trying to raise chicks, they will not survive.

I have a white leghorn who lays a double yolker about once every 2 or 3 months. My coworker gets excited and says it is a good omen.

the chicken in your pic is so cool, what kind is that?
thanks for the info on the yokes.
i thought your name was funny too. i always tell my hubs that chickens have such prehistoric looking legs. like little t rexes when they run. But God made everything according to it's kind, so I guess that are just similar.

Back
Top Bottom