Double yolk boiled egg photo

My BR's laid a few at first, but never since. Darn, I would love to get double yolks!

I have found three in the last week . I wish they would do it fast enogh so I could slip a dozen on somebody .
big_smile.png

I save my double yolkers for sugar cookies, two yolks for the dough and one white for the wash. I was talking to my BF's mother not long ago. She was upset that she had to throw out a whole carton of eggs she'd bought for a party because they were double yolkers. She thought there was something wrong with them.

I would love to hear more about what to do with double-yolkers. Our Red Sex Link has been laying for about three weeks and it seems that she only lays doubles. I hope she regulates & lays "normal" eggs but in the meanwhile I need to use the cache of doubles in the fridge. I thought I would use our eggs for all the baking that I do but with one laying doubles and the other laying little pullet eggs, it is such a gamble on how it will turn out!

Love those double yolkers. I had a hen who was laying lots of those this spring, and now have a new layer who gave me one today. It's like an extra- special surprise when you crack it open.
big_smile.png
I use them the same as any regular egg when I'm cooking. No difference that I can tell.

Last edited:
My Red Sex Links are also laying doubles. I"m getting 8 eggs a day from 8 hens! And I thought they only laid once every other day. I can usually count on a double every other day. Don't know if just one is laying all of them though.

When I get to the next boxes (3) I usually find 5 eggs in one box..
smile.png

Just curious how the molt will affect their laying...???

Back
Top Bottom