Doves outdoors?

I will guess that the green one is a 2018 pigeon band
A good guess however by clicking on the photo to enlarge it you will determine there are no visible characters on the band to help identify it's owner. Ring neck doves do not seem to develop a cere (white fleshy part on beak). Therefore I believe it is:

"a homing pigeon definitely not a good one or at least poorly trained."

Last edited:
Would you say this is a pigeon or dove?

I am fairly close to you, only about 25 mins away. If you can't find it a home let me know. That is a white pigeon.

From your pic, that green band does not look like a racing band, it just looks like one of those clip on bands with numbers on them.

I am fairly close to you, only about 25 mins away. If you can't find it a home let me know. That is a white pigeon.

From your pic, that green band does not look like a racing band, it just looks like one of those clip on bands with numbers on them.
Thank you .......we have 10 pigeons, most of which were rescued either off the highway or vets have called me knowing I have some to see if I’ll take lost ones. Once he’s de-loused, we’ll try to introduce him to our flock. No one has responded to our posts trying to find his home.
Neither band has any numbers or letters. Maybe he got lost coming home from a wedding?

Thank you .......we have 10 pigeons, most of which were rescued either off the highway or vets have called me knowing I have some to see if I’ll take lost ones. Once he’s de-loused, we’ll try to introduce him to our flock. No one has responded to our posts trying to find his home.
Neither band has any numbers or letters. Maybe he got lost coming home from a wedding?

Ok great. Since it's not a racer, I would have to guess maybe a white dove release bird or just got lost loft flying.

So we’ve had no luck at all finding the pigeons owner. I will be integrating her into my flock after we rid her of her of her bugs . They are brown, straight, very small, and have lots of short legs that stick out to the side. Kinda like a microscopic centipede. I’ve tried DE twice now and I’m still seeing them. Help.

Attachments

• 4329542B-589D-47D6-92E9-937C8A18EC0E.jpeg
    4329542B-589D-47D6-92E9-937C8A18EC0E.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 5
Hi, thats actually a pigeon and not a dove so it will be fine with your other pigeons. White doves look a bit different and are smaller.

Try dipping your young homer in a bucket with
water and the proper amount of Permethrin,
a couple of applications usually kills the feather lice.

Back
Top Bottom