Dr Earth Final Stop insect killer

sunnygirlz

In the Brooder
May 12, 2020
Hi Everyone,
We have a significant mosquito problem and I'm thinking of using DR Earth Final Stop Yard & Garden insect killer. Has anyone used this to spray the yard and run area? Our chickens have a covered run as well as a nice size portion of the yard to roam around in. I have already ensured there is no standing water or areas conducive to breed more mosquitos but they are still a problem. I live in Florida and it is hot and humid here. I will plant citronella and basil but I really need to get a handle on these suckers now. The ingredients are all essential oils; Rosemary, sesame, peppermint, thyme cinnamon and garlic. The inert ingredients are Glycerin, lecithin and water, so it doesn't seem like there is anything harmful. Opinions?

I have battled mosquito's and decided the only place I can protect the chickens is while they are on he roost, and even then only a few were practical to protect. I surrounded their roost site with Fake Citronella Plants (the geranium) plants so that the whole area was effectively a scent trap that worked like an arm pit. It worked, but too expensive.

If I were to do it again, then the real lemon grass would be started in May and planted so as to effectively surround pens. For my mosquito's, the smell needs to be obnoxious to work.

Back
Top Bottom