Drake mating with goose

My drake has never mated my goose but my gander mated with the Muscovy before I brought a female goose home for him. Id say let the gander handle Ava or put the drake in drake jail with his female ducks a small pool and see if he doesn’t start mating with the ducks
Ok I'll try that. If he does then I'll buy another girl

Update: The gander often attacked the drake whenever he got close so I didn't worry much as the gander is always by her side. He never stopped trying or learnt from his mistakes. But recently she started sitting on eggs and the gander has been crazy protective. I guess the drake tried to rape her while sitting and then a family member found him bleeding and beaten up. He later died. I don't know what to do about the other ducks who are afraid of the gander. I have them separated now, but is he likely to beat up the other female ducks?

My gander never injured one of the females but he sure would fight with my Muscovy drake I had to keep them separated during mating season.
Mateo (the gander) is a gentle soul and it took him a while to muster up the courage to attack the drake. The ducks never bother Rosaline (the goose), so he shouldn't have a reason to harm them, right? He only bites me when I pick up Rosaline and he prefers not to get violent. I just don't want to take any chances

Mateo (the gander) is a gentle soul and it took him a while to muster up the courage to attack the drake. The ducks never bother Rosaline (the goose), so he shouldn't have a reason to harm them, right? He only bites me when I pick up Rosaline and he prefers not to get violent. I just don't want to take any chances
This is something you'll have to watch for. Hopefully, as long as they leave his mate alone he shouldn't mess with them. My gander loved all the females and ducklings he just didn't like my drake and only my Muscovy drake he never once messed with my Runner drake. My Runner drake never tried to mate the goose and my Muscovy never tried to mate the goose , they just had a hatred towards each other. You can try him around your female ducks and see how be behaves.

Back
Top Bottom