Drake not breeding...?

They said he was under 2 years
Unless you know them, I’m not sure i would believe them. If he was capable of fertilizing eggs at one point and now is having problems he either is old or had his parts damaged. You have provided everything necessary and he has been with the hens plenty long enough that you should have seen fertilized eggs by now. Selling off old or reproductively damaged animals and labeling in their prime is a very very common thing for people to do with livestock, poultry and farm animals.

Last edited:
Unless you know them, I’m not sure i would believe them. If he was capable of fertilizing eggs at one point and now is having problems he either is old or had his parts damaged. You have provided everything necessary and he has been with the hens plenty long enough that you should have seen fertilized eggs by now. Selling off old or reproductively damaged animals and labeling in their prime is a very very common thing for people to do with livestock, poultry and farm animals.
I got him for free though

I got him for free though
At least you aren't out of money, then, apart from feeding the little freeloader. I would have to agree though that he was probably rehomed for some issue, although I know drakes get rehomed all the time.

But, since WH genders are identifiable at hatch, you have a good chance of being able to get a young one cheap.

Have you tried putting out a boombox with some Barry White? I kid ! I'm absolutely useless when it comes to any serious amount of help getting ducks to breed. Good luck with the breeding hopefully he gets that lovin' feeling again.

Back
Top Bottom