Dream Duck - What's yours?

I hatched her out of her shell and I think she knows it was me that saved her.
I'm not sure anything can break the bond that comes with an assisted hatch!
Sprightly and I have a very close bond, but Dougie who I assisted out of her egg is just different with me. She will follow me around and get into mischief, she'll stride into a family party with no fear. Both of my girls are affectionate with me, but Dougie "plays" with me, she'll run to me and I'll grab at her and say "ima get you", she runs away with this quacking that sounds like laughter, then run back and eventually dive into my arms. Ever since she was a duckling. Whereas Sprightly would look at me like I'm insane and probably yell at me for being weird. :gig
I love em both equally, I don't do favourites, but the bond is a little different for sure

I got my dream ducks last summer. I have a pair of Dutch Hookbills. They are so sweet and gentle. I finally have a sweet drake who is good with all my girls. I still dream of a few more of them preferably with the classic bibbed dusky pattern and a more hooked bill than mine.
View attachment 3767198
Oh, and my female lays the prettiest blue eggs.
These are what I have always wanted ❤️

A crested blue mallard drake that was sweet (while we’re dreaming…).
I have a hard time even finding pictures of colored Cresteds and hatcheries only have White ones (even though the APA only accepts White and Black). I’ve played with the color calculator a lot and might go down a path of attempting to create my dream duck ;)

Back
Top Bottom