Dream Duck - What's yours?

Hello everyone! Back again with the dream series! It's really fun to host them and it gets you thinking! Also I'm trying to make more threads, I don't have many.

Alright. What kind of duck is your dream duck? Your dream color of duck? Your dream temperament?
Answer all of these below! I'm excited to see your answers : D
"harlequin runners".
Runner ducks are my favorite ducks, and wow wouldnt they look spiffy with the welsh harlequin coloring??!!

I got my dream ducks last summer. I have a pair of Dutch Hookbills. They are so sweet and gentle. I finally have a sweet drake who is good with all my girls. I still dream of a few more of them preferably with the classic bibbed dusky pattern and a more hooked bill than mine.
5B0EA11B-2084-4BEB-8AC8-52C84B6F2C43.jpeg

Oh, and my female lays the prettiest blue eggs.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Back again with the dream series! It's really fun to host them and it gets you thinking! Also I'm trying to make more threads, I don't have many.

Alright. What kind of duck is your dream duck? Your dream color of duck? Your dream temperament?
Got my dream duck. Welsh Harlequins! Look it up they're gorgeous. Ours all have white heads with black speckles. Most female Welsh Harlequins have reddish brown but our beautiful girls are the white version with black spots. I don't have a pic on my phone now cuz I cleaned my storage. But this is what they look like❤️🦆

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240308-175502.png
    Screenshot_20240308-175502.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
I love all of my Ducks, especially my little Call drakes but I have to admit that my huge Mule Duck is special to me. She is my friendliest and is quiet and just plain sweet. Being half Muscovy and Half Rouen she seems to be the best of both worlds. I hatched her out of her shell and I think she knows it was me that saved her.

Well although they might not truly count I do adore muscovies so I definitely want some someday! They're on my dream Waterfowl list for sure.
But I do adore Welsh harlequins, they're just stunning!
And I love khaki campbells too. And Magpies. And cayugas... but I'm not certain on them.

My plan is once I'm able to, I'm going to hatch a handful of eggs from my dream breeds. 2 of each, of at least two breeds. And then I'll also adopt a couple adult birds to add to my flock. Which will likely be pekins as they are most commonly rehomed/dumped over here. From there my flock will complete. Until the muscovies! But I'll only have a couple most likely.
I have two ducks currently and so my dream flock is going to be 10-14 birds, with drakes and hens divides most likely. Can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom