Dreamed my chickens laid eggs

I would like to introduce our new 6 chicks. They're 4 days old today and doing well.

We have one eachof the following:
Swedish Flower Hen
Salmon Favorelle
Bantam EE
Cream Legbar
SSuper Blue Egg Layer
Olive Egger

This is the little bantam EE next to the SF for size comparison:

Oh wow! They are just TOO cute!! And that bantam EE is so tiny!!!

Oh the wait is killing me. After having a couple more egg dreams, my hens are 19 weeks and I keep hoping they are early layers. We just hung some little giant nest boxes in the run since I will be upgrading the coop in the next week and want them to get used to the nest boxes. They were sleeping in the nesting area of the old coop since the coop was tiny, so maybe this change will help them separate the two. My wife is ready to just force them into the box and command them to lay!

Hopefully they will lay soon!!! Some of mije started around 20 or 21 weeks so yours may start soon! But some of mine didn't start till a couple weeks later. My dad and brother felt the same way, they even tried threatening to turn them into soup lol

Oh the wait is killing me. After having a couple more egg dreams, my hens are 19 weeks and I keep hoping they are early layers. We just hung some little giant nest boxes in the run since I will be upgrading the coop in the next week and want them to get used to the nest boxes. They were sleeping in the nesting area of the old coop since the coop was tiny, so maybe this change will help them separate the two. My wife is ready to just force them into the box and command them to lay!

Lol! You have to sit down and have the "talk" with them!

Lol! You have to sit down and have the "talk" with them!
Well, I think I did. I'm not sure I had the right vocab though. It was mostly Bukbukbuk bwwwaaaaaawwwwk bukbuk bukaw a few times over.

But I just got them on layer feed and oyster shell today, and they marched right up to the oyster and started pecking so maybe they know what is going on!

Well, I think I did. I'm not sure I had the right vocab though. It was mostly Bukbukbuk bwwwaaaaaawwwwk bukbuk bukaw a few times over.

But I just got them on layer feed and oyster shell today, and they marched right up to the oyster and started pecking so maybe they know what is going on!

Hahaa! I'm sure they'll be laying in no time.
1f603.png

Sorry, forgot to check this thread haha but awesome! Congrats on the egg!

And Eggsited, you are definitely NOT the only one with egg laying dreams! Lol dreaming the chickens lay eggs, not that the human does.. now THAT would be weird
1f602.png
hopefully yours start laying soon! A few weeks closer now.

Back
Top Bottom