Driving me FREAKING nuts....What size hog rings do I need here.

TDog77

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2015
I live in the middle of nowhere and have to order my items in most the time and in this case definitely have to. I am building a pair of chicken tractors asap and would like to form arches using cattle panels and would like to use hog rings to join them together. I have looked and made multiple calls to people and am getting conflicting answers on what size I need to use to join the panels to one another. I don't have the time to buy and send things back and would love for one of you to come forward and tell me what has actually worked for you to help me avoid the hassle. I have burned too much of my bandwidth trying to track this one down and am giving a shout out. Thanks, Travis.

Zip ties have issues in my intense sun of colorado and are just too temporary for my liking on something like this. I love zip ties but not for here and would like to have ring pliers around anyways. I do appreciate your input.

I live in the middle of nowhere and have to order my items in most the time and in this case definitely have to. I am building a pair of chicken tractors asap and would like to form arches using cattle panels and would like to use hog rings to join them together. I have looked and made multiple calls to people and am getting conflicting answers on what size I need to use to join the panels to one another. I don't have the time to buy and send things back and would love for one of you to come forward and tell me what has actually worked for you to help me avoid the hassle. I have burned too much of my bandwidth trying to track this one down and am giving a shout out. Thanks, Travis.
Did you ever figure out the hog ring size? I'm having the same problem. Any info. you can share (including where you sourced) would be greatly appreciated.

I’m using 3/8” inch hog rings to join hardware cloth and 2 x 4 welded wire together, it’s still loose so I think you could put chain link together with it.
I think maybe half inch hog rings would be good for the cattle panels

would like to form arches using cattle panels and would like to use hog rings to join them together.
I use these snaps to secure my panels together in the chicken run. (Mid size or the larger the better).

Snaps.jpe

Did you ever figure out the hog ring size? I'm having the same problem. Any info. you can share (including where you sourced) would be greatly appreciated.
Very old thread here...not sure hog rings come big enough to join two 1/4" rods(typical livestock panel rods). Use UV zip ties or wire.

I second the suggestion for metal zip ties. We ordered them on Amazon, $10 for 100. We used it to affix no climb wire to t posts. Still going strong, won’t have issues with breakage.

Very old thread here...not sure hog rings come big enough to join two 1/4" rods(typical livestock panel rods). Use UV zip ties or wire.

Agreed to an extent. So many videos on Youtube showing folks using hog rings. I couldn't find any that size so I just used wire. It was a PITA, but I did over do it. If there are hog rings out there that would work, it would be great.

Back
Top Bottom