Drop in nest boxes for rabbits

anthonyjames

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
Port Washington, WI
I have been trying to find images of either drop in nest boxes or exterior nest boxes to add to my rabbits cages.

I am wondering if anyone out there is using the drop in or below floor type. That seems to be the one I could work with the best. My set up is here currently http://gallery.me.com/anthonyjames420 and I will be moving them to my hoop house when I complete it this spring So they will be higher off the ground to accommodate the nest box and my chickens running below.

Any images or guidance on creating these would be great. My cages are 30 x 30 x 18

A good friend of mine uses the drop down boxes below the cage. Made of wire. I think they are GREAT, because if the doe drags one of the kits out, they crawl around until they fall back in the box .. I hate finding kits cold outside the box because they've been drug out on a tit.

I dont' have pics though..

I would love some more information on these as well. I am having a hard time picturing it but itr sounds like a GREAt idea. Anthonyjames if you find more information please share it here.

Back
Top Bottom