Dropped to 96 will they survive?

pringle

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Pepperell,MA
Hi,I have 4 scovys eggs in my mini eco and t was at a 100 degrees so I decided I could try and lower the temp a little so I turned the screw thing a little down.I was stupid enough to go to my friends without checking it and I just came home and the thermomiter read 96!Will they be ok?I turned it up a little bt and its rising.If it helps this is there 3rd day incubating and is it ok if the temp does stay at 100 degrees?

We have a HavoBator and the temperature was preset at 100 degrees. It has a fan. The temperatures were 100 degrees throughtout our incubation. We did cool off and mist the eggs for 15 minutes, once a day. One day I fogot to put the top back on one night for an hour. 5 call ducks hatched April 2 for us. Good Luck with your hatch!

Vicki& Jaime

Last edited:
Do you think the misting helped?Should I mist them?How much?Thanks I think I cool them off enough by opening the incubator 3 times a day to turn them.

Relax
big_smile.png
They really should be just fine. Remember a hen gets off of her eggs to eat and drink, some will be off for an hour or so once in a while. (Of course there are those who never seem to move an inch in 21 days!) Do you know how long it was at 96? If it was not long the internal egg temp may not have dropped the whole 4 degrees. Also 100 is just fine to keep the temp at. Good luck and keep us posted of your hatch!

I lost power with my last hatch and was freaking out too, because the temp dropped (I think it was around 90). It was like that for around an hour, but I had 22 hatch out of 36. Good luck!

You will be fine....let em ride... that is the bator temp not the internal temp of the egg... They will be fine...just don't go messing with the bator once the eggies are in it... They can fluctuate some... That is a bator flux not an egg temp flux... No worries... plan for babies.!!!!

Back
Top Bottom