Dropping Keets

Hotpocket52

Chirping
Jan 27, 2020
This is my first time with guinea keets, someone said they could eat chick starter but turns out it's way too low in protien. I started using a new higher protein supplement after a few died, but their still dying what am I doing wrong?
20200302_093919.jpg

Attachments

• 20200302_093934.jpg
    20200302_093934.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 0
This is my first time with guinea keets, someone said they could eat chick starter but turns out it's way too low in protien. I started using a new higher protein supplement after a few died, but their still dying what am I doing wrong? View attachment 2040059
Guinea keets should not be started on wood chips for bedding. They will eat the chips, get plugged up and die. Without grit, they cannot digest the chips.

Last edited:
For chicks of all kinds I ad mashed hard boiled eggs (be sure to boil the eggs for 20 minutes) and dried mealworms to the mash. If the feed is medicated, stop using it. Guinea chicks can be very touchy for the first week or so. Make sure feeders and bedding are cleaned daily. Sterilize your waterer. I know how disappointing having chicks die, as yours are, is, but know that each day the chicks grow and get stronger; boiled egg and dried mealworms will help in this. Good luck

For chicks of all kinds I ad mashed hard boiled eggs (be sure to boil the eggs for 20 minutes) and dried mealworms to the mash. If the feed is medicated, stop using it. Guinea chicks can be very touchy for the first week or so. Make sure feeders and bedding are cleaned daily. Sterilize your waterer. I know how disappointing having chicks die, as yours are, is, but know that each day the chicks grow and get stronger; boiled egg and dried mealworms will help in this. Good luck
I actually gave them boiled eggs yesterday, glad to know that's a good move.

Back
Top Bottom