Duck acting funny

Finndandi

In the Brooder
Oct 27, 2022
One of my drakes keeps spreading his wings, walks weird and, stays in the water mostly all day. I have provided niacin drops, fresh peas and duck feed. I need help! Debbie (Male Drake lol, named him before I knew he was a drake) is the sweetest duck ever. What might be wrong? He does not have angle wing nor bumblefoot. He gets along with the other ducks fine and, he has been treated with Ivermectin for worms. What else could this be? I do worry and do not want him to suffer. Thanks for any advice/help you can offer.
Iris

One of my drakes keeps spreading his wings, walks weird and, stays in the water mostly all day. I have provided niacin drops, fresh peas and duck feed. I need help! Debbie (Male Drake lol, named him before I knew he was a drake) is the sweetest duck ever. What might be wrong? He does not have angle wing nor bumblefoot. He gets along with the other ducks fine and, he has been treated with Ivermectin for worms. What else could this be? I do worry and do not want him to suffer. Thanks for any advice/help you can offer.
Iris
He's probably hot because they cool themselves off by spreading their wings to their side, going into cool areas, and staying in cooler waters. Just make sure there's fresh and cool water for him at all times, shade if he needs to get out of the sun, and if you want, a fan. You can also give him electrolytes to help him stay hydrated. He should be all good! Just to make sure, it would be good to ass a picture with the post or in a reply to a comment. 😊

Back
Top Bottom