DUCK AIR CELL TURNED YELLOW !!!

Draga Devia

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 18, 2013
Germany
Hello and please help me with this!
I am on day 25 today with my Indian Runners...
I prepared everything for the Lockdown and I candled the eggs for internal pips!
No internal pips but from the 3 Duck Eggs 2 got YELLOW AIR SACS! Like liquid inside! Yesterday I candled them and there was nothing and the other egg has a normal air sac color!
All 3 are moving so I don't think they are dead but what the heck happened???

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

Hmmm. Not exactly sure. I've never incubated artificially but I always really bother the Broody Moms with my excitement and candling of their eggs (even tho I try not to!) I have seen the liquidy eggs hatch. Whenever I candle towards the end, they all look sort of yellowish to me. I'd just lock them down and leave them alone. Just bcz that is what is think the mom would do.

That is a question for the people who incubate, sorry! See, that's why I am lazy & let the moms do it!! Try posting posting on the Hatch Day Thread. Good Luck!!

Hello and please help me with this!
I am on day 25 today with my Indian Runners...
I prepared everything for the Lockdown and I candled the eggs for internal pips!
No internal pips but from the 3 Duck Eggs 2 got YELLOW AIR SACS! Like liquid inside! Yesterday I candled them and there was nothing and the other egg has a normal air sac color!
All 3 are moving so I don't think they are dead but what the heck happened???

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!
of course it's hard to know for sure but maybe a little vein ruptured and it tinged the inside...all you can really do is wait...let us know
hugs.gif

DO NOT PANIC. Some eggs just do this, some don't. I doubt that a couple would be water filled and not others, they've all been incubated with the same humidity. Just leave them too it, follow standard procedure (up humidity day 25), and remember it can take 31 days, just saying.

DO NOT PANIC, it will probably be ok, unless you start changing everything.

I hatch loads.

I am not a hatcher, have been looking around, though, to see if I can find anything.

How are things going at this point?

Have you seen this?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/491013/goose-incubation-hatching-guide-completed
DO NOT PANIC. Some eggs just do this, some don't. I doubt that a couple would be water filled and not others, they've all been incubated with the same humidity. Just leave them too it, follow standard procedure (up humidity day 25), and remember it can take 31 days, just saying.

I hatch loads.

The humidity is around 70% and the temperature around 37.2 C.
I can candle them from outside of the incubator and I see no movement in two eggs... in one of the egg with fluid inside the air cell, I can see a LOT of movement around the air cell! (I am on day 26 btw and it started around yesterday)
Has it internally pipped? And if yes, is it normal to move the bill so much around the air cell? or Is it trying to break the shell already? I can't really hear anything because of the fan in my bator... but should it make some noises??

Thanks for the answers so far

Quote:

I hatch loads.

The humidity is around 70% and the temperature around 37.2 C.
I can candle them from outside of the incubator and I see no movement in two eggs... in one of the egg with fluid inside the air cell, I can see a LOT of movement around the air cell! (I am on day 26 btw and it started around yesterday)
Has it internally pipped? And if yes, is it normal to move the bill so much around the air cell? or Is it trying to break the shell already? I can't really hear anything because of the fan in my bator... but should it make some noises??

Thanks for the answers so far
after they internally pip ducks take up to 3 days to hatch...sounds like it's doing it's thing
smile.png

Humidity should not be at 70% until day 28, so if it was high all along, don't raise it now.

If they've internally pipped, you will actually see their beaks moving about inside the air space. It's sort of a shadow moving.

Sometimes when a baby dies at the end of incubation, as it deteriorates, a color change will happen, and things just look weirder and weirder from there. It's normal, especially when you artificially incubate, to suffer some losses at this time. It's a stressful time for the youngsters: they have to turn, get an angle on the membrane and shall, and expend all stored energy except the yolk proper (which they absorb as they s l o w l y hatch. You must be very patient during this stage, very patient indeed. DO NOT HELP is my general philosophy.

Back
Top Bottom