Duck Breeds?

LilChickieMomma

Chirping
Mar 5, 2024
i got two ducks from Tractor Supply about a month ago now and it was just assorted ducks so i was wondering what breeds everyone here thought they were? the picture of the feet are from the black duckling, the yellow duck has orange feet

Attachments

• IMG_6767.jpeg
    IMG_6767.jpeg
    469 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_6766.jpeg
    IMG_6766.jpeg
    513.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6765.jpeg
    IMG_6765.jpeg
    427.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_6760.jpeg
    IMG_6760.jpeg
    526.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6763.jpeg
    IMG_6763.jpeg
    497.5 KB · Views: 21
Agreed with Blue Runner.
Orpington is my best guess, too. Do you have a photo of your yellow one from when you first got them?
i do! i have photos of both

Attachments

• IMG_6464.jpeg
    IMG_6464.jpeg
    338.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6463.jpeg
    IMG_6463.jpeg
    356.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6461.jpeg
    IMG_6461.jpeg
    384.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6462.jpeg
    IMG_6462.jpeg
    346.6 KB · Views: 13
i do! i have photos of both
That’s really fascinating, actually..
I was one of those people that said “White Layer and Chocolate Runner.”

They REALLY look like those breeds as hatchlings, but they seem to have whole different plumage now!

I’ll say with confidence, you have a Blue Runner. Full grey, splotchy feet, and a tall stance like that, is always Blue Runner. Not sure why your baby looks so brown when you first got them.

Your yellow baby has just confused me more 🤣 Do they have blue or brown eyes? What about the quill feathers on their wings - pink or blue?

That’s really fascinating, actually..
I was one of those people that said “White Layer and Chocolate Runner.”

They REALLY look like those breeds as hatchlings, but they seem to have whole different plumage now!

I’ll say with confidence, you have a Blue Runner. Full grey, splotchy feet, and a tall stance like that, is always Blue Runner. Not sure why your baby looks so brown when you first got them.

Your yellow baby has just confused me more 🤣 Do they have blue or brown eyes? What about the quill feathers on their wings - pink or blue?
she(hopefully) has like blue grey and her little quills are blue as well!

she(hopefully) has like blue grey and her little quills are blue as well!
Okay, pretty sure you’ve got an Orpington, then. I don’t think there’s any other breed they could be. Strange ducky you’ve got there, but oh-so gorgeous!

Also, your ducklings are old enough to be voice-sexed :) Right now, boys will still have their baby peep-peep and won’t sound much different, but girls will be making a “peep-honk” sound, or even a full-on, loud quack at times.

Okay, pretty sure you’ve got an Orpington, then. I don’t think there’s any other breed they could be. Strange ducky you’ve got there, but oh-so gorgeous!

Also, your ducklings are old enough to be voice-sexed :) Right now, boys will still have their baby peep-peep and won’t sound much different, but girls will be making a “peep-honk” sound, or even a full-on, loud quack at times.
got it! both the ducks are making peep-honks! that makes me happy, we were playing a guessing game at Tractor supply. i absolutely love them both, ill have to set my bathtub up for them again(i did it yesterday and they were swimming and extremely happy, ive been giving water dishes to play in but they are too big for any i have now) and get videos of their voices. the orpington is a bit of a deeper quack then the runner but i assumed it was breed difference

Back
Top Bottom