Duck, Chook & Turkey feed - can I use the same ration for all 3??

Janie

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 29, 2008
UK
Hi all, can anyone give me an idea of whether ducks, chickens & turkeys can all be fed the same ration?

I currently feed my chooks n ducks a duck grower pellet and am wondering if our 3 new turkeys (destined for the xmas table) would be ok on this ration too.

I understand they need more protein than ducks n chooks, would I be able to up their protein levels by adding to the above ration?

Many thanks in advance x

6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.

Most of us are not in the UK. It takes a while longer for the sun to come up in the US. Please do not bump threads.

I am not familiar with the feed you all available across the pond however a turkey isn't a waterfowl and has different nutritional needs than a duck.

I suggest you feed it out with a gamebird feed higher in protein. As this turkey is destined for your table he should be well fed to be the best offering.​

Back
Top Bottom