Duck Conformation

cheepfeathers

In the Brooder
Jul 24, 2023
Hi Everyone!

Out of all my ducks I have three Golden Cascade Ducks. I am wondering if there is a problem with one of them... It seems like she has a different conformation from the other two.

I have added a few pictures.

One is my Drake
Two is my "regular" looking female
Three is the female with the bad posture.
Four is the female comparison

Could someone tell me if this is a normal condition, from bad nutrition, or some kind of genetic defect?

Thank you all for your help!

Harold

Attachments

• 01 Drake.jpeg
    01 Drake.jpeg
    677.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 02 Normal Female.jpeg
    02 Normal Female.jpeg
    445.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 03 Droopy Duck.jpeg
    03 Droopy Duck.jpeg
    506.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 04 Female Comparison.jpeg
    04 Female Comparison.jpeg
    664.9 KB · Views: 8
that’s her crop hanging down it looks like possibly a crop disorder . is she eating and pooping like normal ?? does she drink normal or have excessive thirst? is it always like that or comes and goes when she eats alot? does she have grit available?

that’s her crop hanging down it looks like possibly a crop disorder . is she eating and pooping like normal ?? does she drink normal or have excessive thirst? is it always like that or comes and goes when she eats alot? does she have grit available?
that’s her crop hanging down it looks like possibly a crop disorder .
I see....I will look into that as a possibility

is she eating and pooping like normal ?? does she drink normal or have excessive thirst?
Everything is very normal.....All of her functions.....No excessive thirst as long as I have noticed.

is it always like that or comes and goes when she eats alot?
It is pretty much always like that.....It doesn't go away....she seems to be a pretty happy duck no concerning behaviors.

does she have grit available?
Yes all of them do...

Thank you for your responses....:)

Hi Everyone!

Out of all my ducks I have three Golden Cascade Ducks. I am wondering if there is a problem with one of them... It seems like she has a different conformation from the other two.

I have added a few pictures.

One is my Drake
Two is my "regular" looking female
Three is the female with the bad posture.
Four is the female comparison

Could someone tell me if this is a normal condition, from bad nutrition, or some kind of genetic defect?

Thank you all for your help!

Harold
Looks a bit like pendulous crop- how long has she been this way?

Back
Top Bottom