Duck cut foot on Screw in ramp Help..

Vicki53813

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2015
Hi all. Quick question for you,, Came home from work and noticed blood inside coop. One of my Pekins looks to have blood all over him and on the straw. I think he must of cut it on the ramp where a screw was sticking up. I didnt notice the screw had worked its way up..... Just wondering if his foot will heal on its own or am i going to have to catch him, clean it etc...??

Hi all. Quick question for you,, Came home from work and noticed blood inside coop. One of my Pekins looks to have blood all over him and on the straw. I think he must of cut it on the ramp where a screw was sticking up. I didnt notice the screw had worked its way up..... Just wondering if his foot will heal on its own or am i going to have to catch him, clean it etc...??
@Vicki53813
Ducks can heal, but they need some help.

You probably have already fixed the screw problem.

I would get him into a lukewarm tub of water to clean off, take a good look at the foot.

He may need to be separated into a clean, quiet, safe place with fresh food and water for a day or two to help get the foot healing properly. May also need some saline solution spray or Vetericyn spray, even some antibiotic creme or ointment without painkiller to help prevent infection till the skin starts to knit together.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom