Duck dilemma

Crysalismum

Chirping
8 Years
Dec 26, 2011
I have a Muscovy duck and she has taken over a birdcage that the cat used to sleep in (I know all dysfunctional on our farm) and made a nest and started sitting- problem is it is in the carport under the tray of our farm Ute - the cat used to like it there -problem is another duck can’t be excluded under the carport and keeps trying to co-sit and lay around her & also the cat lies on the roof of his cage & keeps trying to get back in his bed every time she leaves for a poop & a drink!!

- She has only been solidly sitting 2 days so I took the whole nest -cage and all and relocated it to an secure pen at dusk last night but she is just anxiously pacing at the door this morning and won’t go back on the eggs in the pen- I opened the door and she ran straight back to where she was under the Ute - so I put the birdcage nest back and she hopped straight back on the eggs!!

How do I move her??

I have a Muscovy duck and she has taken over a birdcage that the cat used to sleep in (I know all dysfunctional on our farm) and made a nest and started sitting- problem is it is in the carport under the tray of our farm Ute - the cat used to like it there -problem is another duck can’t be excluded under the carport and keeps trying to co-sit and lay around her & also the cat lies on the roof of his cage & keeps trying to get back in his bed every time she leaves for a poop & a drink!!

- She has only been solidly sitting 2 days so I took the whole nest -cage and all and relocated it to an secure pen at dusk last night but she is just anxiously pacing at the door this morning and won’t go back on the eggs in the pen- I opened the door and she ran straight back to where she was under the Ute - so I put the birdcage nest back and she hopped straight back on the eggs!!

How do I move her??

To me, fencing around it sounds like a lot of work... Maybe, day by day, move it about 6 inches or so every 2 hours and eventually get it into the already secure coop. Just my thought...

A Ute is a farm truck -it’s got a tray in the back to carry bales or soil & water tanks and stuff - I think they are also called pick-up trucks ?
Are you in Australia by any chance? That's the only place I have heard of "small" trucks being referred to as a Ute. We have some MASSIVE trucks we call Utes here. Your Ute looks like it is a lot like our Toyota Brand Pickup Trucks.

Back
Top Bottom