Duck egg conversion

My collection for the week

My pekin lays huge eggs that dwarf my barred rock eggs. I was thinking if i should adjust for baking

20190403_171049.jpg
20190403_171105.jpg
20190403_171133.jpg

I guess we’ll see how my cake comes out with the 1:2 I did.
I have always done 1:1 no matter the size. My Rouens lay massive eggs and my mutt lays medium eggs closer to a extra large chicken egg. It may depend on what you are making but usually just 1:1.

The reason for this in my eyes is that chicken eggs have more liquidy vs the gel like whites of a duck egg. Overall duck eggs are amazing for baking!!

@harmonymw do you have any extra eggs you want to sell? I was going to get some from a lady in Clinton but she was sold out before I got there. She had goose eggs but I want to just make a cake with them and didn't know the conversion.

@Jpat love that TI 994A in your egg pic. Brought back some memories!

@harmonymw do you have any extra eggs you want to sell? I was going to get some from a lady in Clinton but she was sold out before I got there. She had goose eggs but I want to just make a cake with them and didn't know the conversion.

@Jpat love that TI 994A in your egg pic. Brought back some memories!
Haha awesome eh! I restore old electronics and collect them as a hobby. Pitfall on the ti99 is funny. wife thinks iam out to lunch

Back
Top Bottom