Duck egg day 16

Ashchisam

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2024
Im hatching a wild mallard egg. Were on Day 16 and I see good veins in there but today I see a small black spec that is not attached to the egg floating around. Im worried it’s bacteria! Is this normal?

Im hatching a wild mallard egg. Were on Day 16 and I see good veins in there but today I see a small black spec that is not attached to the egg floating around. Im worried it’s bacteria! Is this normal?
Not attached to the rest of the fetus inside i meant to say!

Can you see baby moving day 16 you should see movement
I don't know about the spec but maybe @WVduckchick or @New duck mommy 2021
Also do you mean you found a wild Mallard egg and took it or you are hatching Mallard eggs
Another question do you have one egg in the incubator or more than one, you can't keep one baby by them self's it is not fair on them
Good luck

I saw movement yesterday. This am I think I see movement but less than yesterday. The veins are still pretty prominent. I actually see two small black specs floating in there that are not attached to the fetus.
I found a wild egg about to fall into our pond, looked for the nest couldn’t find any signs.
Our local farm is hatching duck eggs and they are due a little after mine is due to hatch so they have offered to take the baby after he hatches.

I saw movement yesterday. This am I think I see movement but less than yesterday. The veins are still pretty prominent. I actually see two small black specs floating in there that are not attached to the fetus.
I found a wild egg about to fall into our pond, looked for the nest couldn’t find any signs.
Our local farm is hatching duck eggs and they are due a little after mine is due to hatch so they have offered to take the baby after he hatches.
If you see veins the baby is alive
Don’t worry if you don’t see movement or little things floating
Main concern is veins

If you see veins the baby is alive
Don’t worry if you don’t see movement or little things floating
Main concern is veins
I definitely see veins! Last question..
I started incubating 03/19. The temperature has been pretty consistently 99-101. But the humidity has been a struggle to keep right. Its been around 55-75% but usually around 65-68.
Looking at the candling chart we look ahead on development most of the egg is dark with a small area where i can see veins. Could it be hatching earlier than 26/28 days due to the humidity being higher? When should I stop turning?

I definitely see veins! Last question..
I started incubating 03/19. The temperature has been pretty consistently 99-101. But the humidity has been a struggle to keep right. Its been around 55-75% but usually around 65-68.
Looking at the candling chart we look ahead on development most of the egg is dark with a small area where i can see veins. Could it be hatching earlier than 26/28 days due to the humidity being higher? When should I stop turning?
They may hatch late
That’s much to high for incubation
I run between 40-50 but like to be at 45%
When higher humidity they loose less liquid so they take longer to hatch
If running a forced air it should be 99.5
Min fluctuates 98.3-99.8
As it cools and warms back up
I’m not sure if you add extra hygrometer and thermometers that are calibrated but they come in really handy as most bators are not accurate especially on humidity

Attachments

• IMG_4575.jpeg
    IMG_4575.jpeg
    464.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4576.jpeg
    IMG_4576.jpeg
    508 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom