Duck egg starting to pip!

Kim-Bot

Chirping
May 12, 2021
We have our first pip! Woke up to this little bump on our "oldest" Ancona egg. It's not all the way through yet and I'm keeping the incubator locked down (so hard!). The air cells are small (I assume too humid, need a new gauge), but I am trying to be patient and not intervene. Hoping to meet our 5 ducklings soon!

Attachments

• 20220529_094930.jpg
    20220529_094930.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 3
We have our first pip! Woke up to this little bump on our "oldest" Ancona egg. It's not all the way through yet and I'm keeping the incubator locked down (so hard!). The air cells are small (I assume too humid, need a new gauge), but I am trying to be patient and not intervene. Hoping to meet our 5 ducklings soon!
How exciting! Have you ever hatched ducks before?

This is my first time! Trying to be patient, very excited to meet these little guys. Reading all the hatching posts on here has been so helpful!
I hatched my first ducklings last week and boy was it fun but they do take a lot of patients when they're hatching compared to chicks! What type of incubator did you use?

I hatched my first ducklings last week and boy was it fun but they do take a lot of patients when they're hatching compared to chicks! What type of incubator did you use?
Congrats! How many did you hatch? It's so hard to leave them to do their thing, I just want to help and get them outta there :)

I found a second hand Farm Innovators 4250 for a good deal and figured why not! I have one very broody Ancona who I might let sit on some eggs and see how she does next.

Congrats! How many did you hatch? It's so hard to leave them to do their thing, I just want to help and get them outta there :)

I found a second hand Farm Innovators 4250 for a good deal and figured why not! I have one very broody Ancona who I might let sit on some eggs and see how she does next.
Thanks! I hatched 10 baby runners! My incubator is called a jumbl clear egg incubator, there was really bad reviews about it on Amazon but I had 2 very successful hatches so I like it!

Still no hatchers yet. The first guy is peeping and I can see them moving around in the shell. 24hrs since they pipped. Today is the official due date, hoping the others will join in soon.

Don't worry about the time, one of mine took 50 hours to hatch!
Stubborn little fellers!
I opened the pip on the first one a bit to check in since there wasn't any progress since yesterday morning. Duckling is vocal and chewing a bit, so put them back in place to keep absorbing after putting coconut oil on the membrane.

Back
Top Bottom