Duck egg?

Aug 2, 2022
I bought some chicken eggs off of Ebay, and received some extra... I ordered 2 blue eggs, but received 3. The unmarked 3rd, was about the same color as the other 2, but a little bigger.
I incubated them... One died within the first week, one hatched, and today - day 24, I candled the larger egg, and saw movement.
I'm beginning to wonder if it is a duck egg... I have no experience with ducks... I stopped turning it on day 18.
If it is a duck egg, should I start turning it again? Any suggestions?

Ducks do not lay blue eggs, they can only lay white, black/gray, or green. ( Some eggs may appear blue but it won't be a true blue color. It's usually a lighter green. ) What do the eggs look like? Some chickens lay larger eggs than normal, and sometimes they take longer to hatch.

Ducks do not lay blue eggs, they can only lay white, black/gray, or green. ( Some eggs may appear blue but it won't be a true blue color. It's usually a lighter green. ) What do the eggs look like? Some chickens lay larger eggs than normal, and sometimes they take longer to hatch.
Maybe that's the case... I'm hoping it's just a slow to hatch chicken egg...
I candled one more time to make sure it wasn't just settling, and there was a definite swipe...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom