Duck eggs day 21 Air cell photos and Incubation pictures

Pics
I think that is what I will do: add on another box somehow. Their heat plate is coming today and it won’t fit in their current box anyway. I don’t know if Speck will figure out how to use the heat plate so I’ll have to keep an eye on that.

Speck is busily eating this morning. Go Speck go!!!!
Go Speck!!I don't know if you are close to any stores that sell appliances you might be able to get a large box to make a bigger brooder. Might have to move the furniture around to accommodate it though. lol

I do have some big boxes I can use.
I took Speck outside for a bit of sunshine. Speck nibbled at the grass a few times but mostly wanted to sleep in my hand. Speck’s eyes look better today.

I sold 15 of the ducklings to a really good home. They will be hand raised by an experienced duck lover, and then when they’re full grown they will get to help control invasive snails in a 20 acre wetland taro field. I can’t imagine a better life for ducks. The new owner loves them and said they are doing really well. I miss them but the 13 I kept are keeping me busy

831742A0-4E85-48EE-A411-0229476C0731.jpeg
B40C9230-C1FE-4A59-92F9-954C10F416D1.jpeg
463C7BC3-18D7-449E-8F73-0CDE3A274099.jpeg

Success!! I expanded Speck’s habitat by putting the box in a bigger box and there was no stress. Speck is quite happy going in and out of the new area. The heat plate will go in the new area
F6EF732C-7F4F-456A-9436-D371E71E5B16.jpeg

That's awesome you were able to find a good home for the ducklings. Sounds like they will have a wonderful life.
Speck is adorable and her eyes look good. Getting some sunshine and exercise will be good for them all. Nothing like fresh air and sun.
New habitat looks good. Since I see greens you will need to put out chick grit if you haven't already. Where are the rest of the ducklings? the 10 little indians?

The other 10 (7 Runners, 3 from my flock) are in here during the night and then I have an outdoor pen for them during the day as long as the weather is nice. They are doing great:)

Would it be a bad idea to let Speck have a short warm swim? I’ve let all the others have 5 minute warm swims, dried and warmed immediately after. But I haven’t let Speck. But maybe it would be good for Speck, mentally and physically.
Speck is cheerful and eating today
A247655F-8704-40C8-86DF-4EB95331A5F0.jpeg

Speck weighs 60 grams, Div 75, and their unnamed friend 100 grams. I’m going to weigh them every other day or so to see if Speck is growing. Speck seems more alert and more advanced today. Hoping we’re making progress. Also more talkative. The only downside is Speck is getting more attached to me than to her friends so she cries when I leave 😢

She'll get over it I bet once they go outside for good. I had a Muscovy drake that I had to bring in who was rejected by his mama, I was his mama and we were close all his life he would have been 13 this coming June I lost him first of March but once he went outside and we got him his own girls he bonded with them so I bet even though Speck will always be close to you she will bond with her siblings too.

Back
Top Bottom