Duck eggs pipped internally day 24 Night !! One has an external pip but the other nothing on day 26

nklanza91

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 3, 2012
Hi they Are Cayuga eggs, they pipped internally on the 24th night and as of today 26 morning only one has pipped externally( this is only a crack though so I don't know of air can go threw!!Will they suffocate or is this timing still normal???

Hi they Are Cayuga eggs, they pipped internally on the 24th night and as of today 26 morning only one has pipped externally( this is only a crack though so I don't know of air can go threw!!Will they suffocate or is this timing still normal???

Any updates? Have any of them hatched? Can you try candling to see if they are still moving?

They all hatched!!:)do you know if they can be blow-dried on a low setting if i let them swim in the bath?? I don't want them to get to cold when they dry off??? :):):)

woot.gif
That's great news!!! But I wouldn't try to blow dry them....Normally it's best not to let them swim until they're 3 weeks old, and then you can take a towel and dry them that way. Since they don't have mama's oils, they can get very wet and cold if you let them swim now, so it's really best to wait. Sorry, I know how cute it is to watch them swim for the very first time, and it's so hard to wait, but it really is for the best.

Back
Top Bottom