Duck eggs under broody hens!!!

obieandhisgirls

Chirping
May 17, 2018
Somewhere in canada
Hey everyone:) I am very excited as I candled the eggs under my broody hens and I have 6 (maybe 7) little ducklings growing!!!!!! This is my first duckling hatch from my own eggs and I cannot wait! They have been under them about a week so fingers crossed they stay healthy:flAnyways I have little question I have a little giant styrofoam incubator that I have been trying to hatch eggs out of and it just won’t work I have had about 4 batches of eggs in there and they all aren’t growing? I have the temp at 37.5 Celsius and I keep the humidity normal any suggestions on what can do?:D

You need to put extra thermometers in there, they are notorious for being wrong on temperature.
I also added an extra fan, and took out the turner so I can turn by hand. Little Giants need a lot of supervision and tweaking to get them to be consistent.

Hey everyone:) I am very excited as I candled the eggs under my broody hens and I have 6 (maybe 7) little ducklings growing!!!!!! This is my first duckling hatch from my own eggs and I cannot wait! They have been under them about a week so fingers crossed they stay healthy:flAnyways I have little question I have a little giant styrofoam incubator that I have been trying to hatch eggs out of and it just won’t work I have had about 4 batches of eggs in there and they all aren’t growing? I have the temp at 37.5 Celsius and I keep the humidity normal any suggestions on what can do?:D
I never had luck with the styrofoam incy’s. I finally broke down and got the Brinseas. Pricy, but amazing hatch rates. Also very easy—auto turn, water well for humidity and a built in fan.

Back
Top Bottom