Duck eye problem

BokBokBadger

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2020
Hi everyone 😊
I've just noticed this on our girl's eye, does this warrant a vet visit? It's the first issue we've had with our girls and with any of our other pets I wouldn't question ringing the vets. It's just with everything going on at the moment with coronavirus lockdown I'm not sure if it classes as an emergency and our vet isn't the greatest with bird knowledge so explaining over the phone would be useless 😅
Thanks in advance 💚🦆

Attachments

• 20200502_154137.jpg
    20200502_154137.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 11
That sure doesn’t look very good. Do you have drakes they can grab around the eyes and cause this kind of inflammation. I’d rinse it out good with a saline rinse and apply some type of eye ointment Terramycin is a really good one and Veterycin has one for the eyes. Or plain Veterycin spray but don’t let it go. Does she have any drainage from nares rattling breathing?

That sure doesn’t look very good. Do you have drakes they can grab around the eyes and cause this kind of inflammation. I’d rinse it out good with a saline rinse and apply some type of eye ointment Terramycin is a really good one and Veterycin has one for the eyes. Or plain Veterycin spray but don’t let it go. Does she have any drainage from nares rattling breathing?
Miss Lydia to the rescue! Thanks so much!
We don't have any drakes at the moment but the ducks have been moved in with the chickens temporarily while we fix up their shed and increase fox protection. Thought they were getting on ok but it seems I was wrong 😞
I don't have any of those but I have a bottle of Leucillin which I could use tonight and then nip to the pet shop in the morning for some ointment. Do you think that'd be ok?

Attachments

• 20200502_170115.jpg
    20200502_170115.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200502_170132.jpg
    20200502_170132.jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom