Duck gender/breed identification needed!

Duckstruck

Songster
5 Years
Mar 12, 2016
East Tennessee
A close friend of ours came to us in need of rehoming a trio of 7-week ducks from Easter because his grandson is "tired of them". We have a barn, and I've been raising ducks for 3 years. They're Unsexed and are an unknown breed. Here they are...
photo0.jpg

I've had male and female ducks before. They sound like females to me, and my suspicions is that the white one is Pekin and the other two are Cayuga. Again, my suspicions.
I currently have two buff females and one pekin female. I don't have any boys, and I intend it to stay that way (a drake killed one of my girls.) That said, I know a place to rehome drakes, since I sent mine there and he's doing fine.
Could someone please help me identify those ducks? I would like to know what precautions and quarantine I should do. Thanks!

The Blacks are younger than the Pekin and I never heard a Quack..All I heard were Peeps and normal Duck sounds.
Pick up the Pekin and walk away from its friends. Hens will Quack loudly..
I haven't seen the birds in person. The photo and video is from our friend. He's bringing them by our barn for me to look at next week. I'll be able to post more footage when I get them.

They sound female to me as well. The white seems to me a pekin and I have something simalar to the two little black ducks. Let me know what you think they are when you see them. I still can’t figure out the breed of mine lol.

Back
Top Bottom