Duck has problems with walking...?

could u tell me how to post, to u
If I make a video I use you tube but there is probably an easier way I just don't know what it is. My computer skills aren't so great.
hmm.png

Miss here r some picture of the leg an of her sitting let me no if u need an thing eles, looks like the swollen in is going down an not so hot but still won't walk
[/IMG][/IMG]

Miss here r some picture of the leg an of her sitting let me no if u need an thing eles, looks like the swollen in is going down an not so hot but still won't walk
[/URL]
@ranbarger I don't see the tell tale blk scab I do see some swelling. Are you soaking her in warm epsom salt? I'll ask instead of going back and reading it all again since I have an apt this morning and won't be on long. Also are you still giving the meds? have you tried her in a warm bath where she can float to observe how she is using her legs? if not try it and stay right with her let her float for a while and watch how she usues her legs. This is really good to help her build up strength in her legs. We call it water therapy. Use something else to soak her leg and foot though because you don't want her to drink the ES it is also a laxative besides helping with inflammation. with my big Muscovy's i use a cheap plastci dish pan and put the duck in and she/he fills up the pan so i don't have to worry about them being able to get to the water to drink.Did you start her on niacin or brewers yeast? it wouldn't hurt for her to have either of them too.

Last edited:
Miss Lyndia, yes my duck is still on meds, I put her in the tub today because because she had poop alover her, yes i have been soaking in epson salt 2 times a day, I just bought brewers yeast an put in water she would not drink it, so I put on top of her food an she only ate a little it. she sits in the middle of our table like a center piece when I am blow drying her I exercise her legs. Is there anything eles I should be doing she is in good spirits an talking alot, but she will not use her legs, like there paralized.

Miss Lyndia, yes my duck is still on meds, I put her in the tub today because because she had poop alover her, yes i have been soaking in epson salt 2 times a day, I just bought brewers yeast an put in water she would not drink it, so I put on top of her food an she only ate a little it. she sits in the middle of our table like a center piece when I am blow drying her I exercise her legs. Is there anything eles I should be doing she is in good spirits an talking alot, but she will not use her legs, like there paralized.

When she is in the water does she use her legs to move around does she like peas? most ducks love them? smash some and add to her feed with the BY just a small amount of feed 1 cup and peas and a Tab of BY mix well and see if she'll eat it that way.Most ducks don't even notice the BY .Maybe leave the peas whole so she sees them better.

Last edited:
no her wings, i will try to seened u a photo of her in the bath
Have you tried putting just enough water in the tub to where it is just a top of her legs so if she stood she would have the water as a buoy?Or will she not even try to stand even in the water?Could she have a back injury?When is the last time she has walked?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom