Duck help

my4birds

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2015
I was wondering if it's okay to have two females and one male. One of my males, Oscar recently died and I'm not sure if the other male is lonely without him. I'm not ready to own another duck but I will get him another male if he needs a friend.

I was wondering if it's okay to have two females and one male. One of my males, Oscar recently died and I'm not sure if the other male is lonely without him. I'm not ready to own another duck but I will get him another male if he needs a friend.
that is really best 2 drakes can really over mate 2 ducks so what you have is the best ratio.
Sorry for your loss.

Yes I know it's a good ratio but I'm just nervous that my other drake is possibly lonely?
I just re homed 2 drakes and was heart broken I had to do it but that left me with one and i can honestly say he is not lonely. He is in duck heaven having the girls to himself.
I have another drake who is 11 yrs old who has his own girls since he cannot be with the younger one he would get picked on. I don't think your drake will be lonely. They are more focused on the females. Give him time.

I just re homed 2 drakes and was heart broken I had to do it but that left me with one and i can honestly say he is not lonely. He is in duck heaven having the girls to himself.
I have another drake who is 11 yrs old who has his own girls since he cannot be with the younger one he would get picked on. I don't think your drake will be lonely. They are more focused on the females.  Give him time.
Okay thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom