Duck living with goats

butterfly mom

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2016
Missouri
I have a small flock of 11 ducks. The last one came from a friend who wasn't able to properly care for it. It is fully feathered but isn't quite big enough to tell if it is a male or female. Anyways it has decided to leave the flock and had moved in with my goats and a mean old turkey that hates everything except apparently this duck. Should I be concerned? I have added a small pool for it and bring it's feed to it now because it refuses to leave. I have no idea how to reintegrate it into the flock at this point it seems to have attached itself to the turkey.

As long as it has access to feed and water and it's turkey friends and goats don't mind? it is probably best where it is. Often the smaller preds that are of concern will not go around due to the larger livestock.

FWIW, i have a Muscovy duck in my ewe's calf hutch, brooding a nest... and she just comes out to eat and drink... so yeah, it is very possible for this to happen.

My ducks and free range chickens ADORE my horses barn and often lay eggs in in..
roll.png

It has food and water. It just seemed odd to me that it would leave all the ducks for a bunch of goats and a mean turkey. The Turkey is actually nice to the duck though, and everyone seems happy.

Back
Top Bottom