Duck pen pictures!

He is 7 weeks and one day!
I will do some research on security in a little while.
I have to go for now though.
This isn't even going to be big enogh for him to to sleep in?!
(I plan to let him free range in the day.)
It's big enough for him to sleep in for sure, but hopefully he won't be spending most of his time in there, I think e would be one very sad duck if he had to. Like others said if you plan on leaving him out over night, you better put something across the bottom for security . Way to many preds love fresh duck. also what are you going to do in the winter months? rain, wind, snow? will he have a little house to get into to get out of the elements? I know the top is covered but wind and rain and snow can blow in from the sides. something around the 3 sides for protection would be good.
wink.png

Last edited:
I know lumber can be expensive, look for a Habitat for Humanity Restore in your area. They have all kinds of wood for cheap. And remember, as everyone on here can tell you, the coop and run are never done. Lol, didn't mean for that to rhyme. Anyways, you will always be adding or readjusting, because it's fun, or necessary. As long as your little guy is very secure and safe, have fun with it.
Here's the link to find your Restore http://www.habitat.org/restores/default.aspx

Last edited:
I was looking at your pen...if you turn it on it's side, there should be some good height to it and you can use the wading pool for outside when your duck is free ranging. Just go to the dollar store and get a plastic wash tub (for a dollar..lol) Put that inside when you put him in there and that's enough water....my ducks take turns sitting in it at times when they are in their kennel for the night. Also get some straw to lay on the bottom if you decide to turn it. I just put some in and my ducks spread it out how they want it.

Sounds good with the wash tub.
But what if he had accsess to his pen in the day time?
Like put a door on the size for him?
Then would I need two pools?
Also my duck EATS EVERY THING!!!
Do think he will eat the straw bedding?

I was just looking at your run again, I hope your going to have a way to lock up that top. Even a heavy piece of wood can be pushed out of the way if something wanted in bad enough.

Just the 1 wading pool outside is fine...as far as the straw, I've seen mine eat at the little broken peices that might get into their water. What I do is bring out the tub water in the morning when I open their door. I like to sit outside with them and feed them some peas and I also put their food out by their tub. I make sure I empty out their outside pool in the evening and then fill it in the morning...I use the water for my plants.

I would take the pool out too. It will be a mucky mess in no time. Give him access to the pool during the day and just a bucket or what not at night.

Back
Top Bottom