Duck Pond/pool pictures

Pics
Do any of you pond peeps have trouble with mosquitos in the filter? I have an aquaponics set up so I have fish in there that eat the larvae but they aren't eating them fast enough. There's so many in there! gaaaah
barnie.gif

If the water is moving fast enough you shouldn't have a problem with skeeters, they like slow/stagnant water. I have a koi pond with large tub filter fed by a 3000gph pump, and a bog part fed by a 2000gph pump- no mosquitoes at all. The drainage ditches on the other hand :rolleyes:

Your pond is fabulous! I would like to know how deep it is and how big of pump you use. Where do you buy netting like that and I can't really tell in the picture but is that netting in between the fence poles or wire. It doesn't look like there is much land space so do your ducks spend most of their time in the water, Thanks so much

I moved about 3 weeks ago and the weekend after we moved I put my hubby to work on a pond for the ducks eggs in the incubator. Here are some pics of it so far!

Last edited:
Can he come build mine next?

He would! He is a heavy equipment operator and a very good one! This is his second pond he has dug! Oh and I got everything done for free! We borrowed the equipment from a neighbor and we already had the drain pipe. We had a natural spring causing our backyard to stay wet, so this was the perfect solution.

I built a small pond from scratch for my ducks. I converted an old shed into a coop and added a secure run attached (the pond is in the run). I use sand as litter.

Also the run is in a rocky, tree root infested clay yard so I couldn't dig down too deep. The liners I bought are tough and have kept their shape. The ducks get in and out easily. I am planning on buying some large flat rocks to put around it.

Here are the parts:

MacCourt 125-Gallon High Density Polyethylene Pond Liner

MacCourt 8-Gallon HDPE Pond Liner

smartpond Pond Aerator

smartpond Water Garden Pressurized Filter-Up to 850-Gallons

smartpond 700-GPH Submersible Pond Pump

smartpond 300-GPH Submersible Pond Pump

I wanted my water to stay clean, so I saved up and invested in two separate filter systems. I connected the 700gph pump to the pressurized filter. I hooked the smaller pump up to a frog spitter at the top of the waterfall to keep the water moving well. Finally the aerator/light is great because I can see easily to the bottom of the pond for debris, snakes, etc and the ducks love the bubbles. :)

Total cost is around $350. Worth it to me when you consider having to dump a pool every day. So far the most I've had to do to maintain clean water is skim some feathers out.

Last edited:
I built a small pond from scratch for my ducks. I converted an old shed into a coop and added a secure run attached (the pond is in the run). I use sand as litter. Also the run is in a rocky, tree root infested clay yard so I couldn't dig down too deep. The liners I bought are tough and have kept their shape. The ducks get in and out easily. I am planning on buying some large flat rocks to put around it. Here are the parts:
MacCourt 125-Gallon High Density Polyethylene Pond Liner

MacCourt 8-Gallon HDPE Pond Liner

smartpond Pond Aerator

smartpond Water Garden Pressurized Filter-Up to 850-Gallons

smartpond 700-GPH Submersible Pond Pump

smartpond 300-GPH Submersible Pond Pump I wanted my water to stay clean, so I saved up and invested in two separate filter systems. I connected the 700gph pump to the pressurized filter. I hooked the smaller pump up to a frog spitter at the top of the waterfall to keep the water moving well. Finally the aerator/light is great because I can see easily to the bottom of the pond for debris, snakes, etc and the ducks love the bubbles. :) Total cost is around $350. Worth it to me when you consider having to dump a pool every day. So far the most I've had to do to maintain clean water is skim some feathers out.
Okay where'd you get the spitting frog? Love it!

Back
Top Bottom