Duck pond problem

Joking right...beavers are endangered.....i can't imagine one trying to hurt a duck anyway......bad advice...don't kill anything!!!
ep.gif

Joking right...beavers are endangered.....i can't imagine one trying to hurt a duck anyway......bad advice...don't kill anything!!!      :eek:
No... Beavers aren't endangered and I can hunt them in NC.... So if they cause a problem pow pow pow also I forgot to add beaver tail on some parts is considered a delicacy I'm an opportunistic omnivore, if squirrel is in season and I see one... Pow squirrel dinner if I find some blackberries... I have a blackberry cobbler for dessert

Last edited:
I think water fowl and beavers could live happily in a 3 acre pond with out problems. But snapping turtles and water fowl do not do well in the same area, snappers take their toll on water fowl. If you don't want to kill then catch them and carry them off many miles away to another water source.

Last edited:
My experience with ducks tells me that enough time can solve anything. When I first found mine in the street they were deathly afraid of people and wouldn't leave the house. But just the other day they ate out of my hand. If you're sure it's a beaver just give them time

Thanks for the help ALL!!! The Ducks have found a new entry way into the pond away from where they were spooked. They seem to be doing fine but still like being on the grass by the chickens more then the water. Kinda strange but as long as they are doing what they want who am I to argue.

Last edited:
I am in the process of doing something that's a little better than a kiddie pool and mounted in the ground with a drain that'll eventually get hooked up to a filtration system.

Back
Top Bottom