Duck pool filter??

Yeah the pool is 6 feet in diameter- I have 7 ducks and more coming so I don’t think a smaller pool would work for me- I had one when I had less ducks but it wasn’t as deep. Yeah I hope I get a solution!!
I have a large pool and fill it nearly to the top, stays clean a bit longer but still change almost every day.

If you plan on keeping a pool like you have, I would just put a drain in it with one of those bulkheads or spigots. If you have a container with a flat side, it will be easier to keep it from leaking. Just hose the container out.
If you want to do a pond (in ground or above ground) I would check this Article out for ideas. Also, I want to note that you may not need electricity, some pumps or filters have a pressurized system to them.
There's also dog pools that come pretty big that have a spout with a twist cover to drain the water. Make it easier than using a bucket or pushing the side down of a thick plastic pool and possibly warping it over time. Only thing with the dog pools is some (or all not sure) are textured inside so will need to be changed every day or it will build up, sometimes can anyway depending and would need to be scrubbed.

I have a similar problem. I have a large flock of ducks (20ish, haven't counted) plus a pair of geese. I plan to buy a large stock tank this winter when I have everyone corraled in a smaller pen and set it up with, at a minimum, a spigot and hose at the bottom to make draining and cleaning it easier. I will also need to build a sturdy ramp up to get them into the tank, as its a 700 gal round stock tank which is 2' tall and 8' around.

Only sad thing is that their pen is half of my front yard and ducks and geese are very hard on grass and other greenery when in a confined space. So my front yard looks a bit .... Well. Dirty. Literally and figuratively. Plus there's always shed feathers everywhere. And there's a huge old juniper on the other side of the yard so I really don't have grass to speak of, just a bit of very stubborn crabgrass. But I'll take fresh duck eggs every day over having pretty grass.

Back
Top Bottom