Duck Pool

fairegirl

In the Brooder
Apr 26, 2015
for those whose ducks have pools of some sort rather than the luxury of a lake or pond LOL

do you just dump it out every single day? the water gets gross and I even have to scrub the pool itself down like every 3 - 4 days.

what do you do ?

I have a 60 gal stock tank that I dump every 2 days or so and then just refill it. I've never heard a problem with stuff growing in it but mine is not in the sun and I make sure all the dirt gets rinsed out at well. ACV helps keep stuff from growing is that is a problem. I also will let mine dry out overnight sometimes before refilling it.

They have a small pool in their pen. It gets dumped and refilled every other day. There is green on the pool, but I just hose it out, the green stays, refill, wait 2 days, repeat

I dump the water every other day. Before I dump I use the water for my garden using a bucket or hose. Someone posted a neat trick to siphon the water using a hose filled with water then place it in the pool and let it run out down hill. Works like a charm. Then I dump it out, rinse it out and move it to another area of the pen. I have sandy soil so it drains pretty quickly.

Back
Top Bottom