Duck poop meaning

Bubblesandbambi

Chirping
Feb 24, 2023
My duck just pooped this out & I’ve never really seen her poop that color. Is this normal? I attached a picture one with flash and one without flash.

Attachments

• 01AE0751-DFC0-45B4-A3BA-465CEB582B80.jpeg
    01AE0751-DFC0-45B4-A3BA-465CEB582B80.jpeg
    575.4 KB · Views: 72
  • E8D21BB8-DEC2-4C86-84BC-50863708671C.jpeg
    E8D21BB8-DEC2-4C86-84BC-50863708671C.jpeg
    554.3 KB · Views: 7
My duck just pooped this out & I’ve never really seen her poop that color. Is this normal? I attached a picture one with flash and one without flash.
Looks like maybe they ate some green veggies 🤔 or from foraging?

When I feed my ducks pees or lettuce theirs can look like that. But I will let others chime in....

Answer to these questions will help Could they have gotten into anything, what their diet is, if they are acting sick, how old they are, type of duck?

When mine eat any greens this is what their poop looks like if the eat watermelon it's pinkish but different color poop can be cause for alarm if you've never seen it before.
Have they been out foraging where they ate grass or veggies?

Looks like maybe they ate some green veggies 🤔 or from foraging?

When I feed my ducks pees or lettuce theirs can look like that. But I will let others chime in....

Answer to these questions will help Could they have gotten into anything, what their diet is, if they are acting sick, how old they are, type of duck?
Thank you for responding! She ate some romaine lettuce last night & she pooped that this morning (an hour ago) I just started feeding purina layer pellets 2 days ago. Her sister has been sick & I’m still curing her & trying multiple things because I don’t know exactly what she has (people have been so helpful too on my other threads about that) they are about to be 10 months old & are female pekin ducks. Hers poop looks normal & the one who pooped the green out acts normal. She actually stopped laying eggs 3 days ago & I’ve been giving her calcium gluconate.

She just pooped again & it’s the same color (I attached pics)

Attachments

• 3296030C-56DD-41FD-9F2A-4C3599B31F18.jpeg
    3296030C-56DD-41FD-9F2A-4C3599B31F18.jpeg
    696.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 51F95FC4-682E-43B3-91A4-5E5317349CEB.jpeg
    51F95FC4-682E-43B3-91A4-5E5317349CEB.jpeg
    719.4 KB · Views: 7
When mine eat any greens this is what their poop looks like if the eat watermelon it's pinkish but different color poop can be cause for alarm if you've never seen it before.
Have they been out foraging where they ate grass or veggies?
She ate romaine lettuce last night & earlier in the day yesterday she was out foraging & I did see her eat some grass. I hope it’s just that & nothing too serious. I’ll keep an eye on her. Thank you for responding!

I just gave them a small handful last night as a treat since they go crazy for it. I sometimes give them lettuce as a treat no more than once a day or every other day.
You said that you just switched feeds? If so I would hold all treats. Their poop looks like they are eating minimal feed and filling up on lettuce. Ducks are creatures of habit and when switching to a new feed it's always best to stop feeding any extras that way they actually eat their feed.

You said that you just switched feeds? If so I would hold all treats. Their poop looks like they are eating minimal feed and filling up on lettuce. Ducks are creatures of habit and when switching to a new feed it's always best to stop feeding any extras that way they actually eat their feed.
Okay thank you I will be doing this & see if anything changes. I appreciate it!

Thank you for responding! She ate some romaine lettuce last night & she pooped that this morning (an hour ago) I just started feeding purina layer pellets 2 days ago. Her sister has been sick & I’m still curing her & trying multiple things because I don’t know exactly what she has (people have been so helpful too on my other threads about that) they are about to be 10 months old & are female pekin ducks. Hers poop looks normal & the one who pooped the green out acts normal. She actually stopped laying eggs 3 days ago & I’ve been giving her calcium gluconate.

She just pooped again & it’s the same color (I attached pics)
Mine has the specs of white too. Like a blockage and bacteria?

Back
Top Bottom