Duck Snacks

allyallyjohnson

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 9, 2014
I have been looking for great snacks for my two Khaki Campbell ducks and I feel like I have tried it ALL. This has never been all at once and I give fruit/ veggie treats every couple days but I've given them lettuce, carrots(the thinly sliced, long pieces), raspberries, blueberries, bananas, grapes, tomatoes, and strawberries and they just never come up and eat it when I set it out. When I go check a few hours later it just seems like they kind of picked at it a little bit. The only thing I have seen them eat more than a little of is the carrots but it seems like they wait a little for them to get hot and dried out before they want to eat them. Do my ducks just really not like fruits and veggies or am I not giving them the right stuff? They LOVE LOVE LOVE dried mealworms and oats though. I can shake the bag of mealworms and they will come running from wherever they are to get some. They do forage around the yard all day eating grass and bugs. I just want them to eat some veggies or something. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do or know any treats their Khaki Campbells absolutely loved?

Last edited:
Chopped up leafy greens in their water. They'll gobble it right up. I prefer mustard, collard, or turnip greens.

Mine really like clams. I bought a can of them for fish food, but never used them so I poured out all the liquid and rinsed them (they are in salt water) and gave them to my ducks and chooks. It was mayhem.

Have you had any experiences with scrambled eggs? I've read on here that that is something ducks really like too.

Back
Top Bottom