Duck stopped laying

JennH07

Crowing
14 Years
May 1, 2010
Hastings, MI
I have a year and a half old female anaconda duck that has stopped laying eggs. She has been laying for about a year. She is eating well and free ranges when there is no snow. Wondering what could have caused her to stop laying since we are on to spring.

Laying for a year I’d say she is due for a nice break. She maybe getting ready to molt too so it might be a month or more before she starts back. She will need to molt and regrow her feathers (if that’s in the plan) and also replenish the calcium her body has used up making all those egg shells. So make sure is is getting a good wholesome feed and oyster shell to help with building up her calcium reserves. And be patient she’ll start back.

Laying for a year I’d say she is due for a nice break. She maybe getting ready to molt too so it might be a month or more before she starts back. She will need to molt and regrow her feathers (if that’s in the plan) and also replenish the calcium her body has used up making all those egg shells. So make sure is is getting a good wholesome feed and oyster shell to help with building up her calcium reserves. And be patient she’ll start back.
Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom