Duck with a swollen leg

I do have some Penicillin G Procaine and syringes on hand.

Clint, I don't have the experience to know if it's infected, but I can't see any kind of cut or wound on his leg or foot. He hasn't been seen by a vet yet, mainly because of the cost.

I do have some Penicillin G Procaine and syringes on hand.

Clint, I don't have the experience to know if it's infected, but I can't see any kind of cut or wound on his leg or foot. He hasn't been seen by a vet yet, mainly because of the cost.

I understand the cost issue...but treating without any real diagnosis is at best a guess. Ican not tell from the pics whether it is bone or joint damage and I doubt anyone else can. Treating with antibiotics may make you feel better, but my gut says it will not solve the problem. Sorry, wish I could be more help.

Clint

Last edited:
I understand the cost issue...but treating without any real diagnosis is at best a guess. Ican not tell from the pics whether it is bone or joint damage and I doubt anyone else can. Treating with antibiotics may make you feel better, but my gut says it will not solve the problem. Sorry, wish I could be more help.

Clint
What could it be then? at least trying antibiotics would give it a try to clear it up, to me better than doing nothing and believe me I don't often say treat with antibiotics I don't do it here, but something is dif going on with that leg. So try an antibiotic and see if it helps or do nothing and see if it clears up on it's own which it doesn't look like it's going to so far. The only alternative other than the 2 I just mentioned is vet care.
https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/medicine-chart

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom