Duck with bright green/yellow poop and drooping head

Elisabeth8

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Please help!!! Yesterday I saw watery bright yellow poop and then today saw bright green poop by 2 of my ducks. The one duck was acting a little weird lately- by herself more and seemed more cautious when she walked - but overall nothing very worrisome. I did try to feel for any obvious issue but she didn’t feel egg bound or anything. Then today she has been with the other duck most of the time. She will just sit there and sometimes let her head just drop. It’s weird and I don’t know what exactly is wrong because there are so many different things that it could be! From what I can tell it might be hardware disease. I’m just hoping it’s not duck plague but I don’t know. Any ideas? Please help!!!
I added a picture of the girls and they’re droppings. They were acting almost broody mad when I went near them which isn’t usual.

Attachments

• DB2C3067-60D6-4F32-A9A4-3B621C09B292.jpeg
    DB2C3067-60D6-4F32-A9A4-3B621C09B292.jpeg
    892.7 KB · Views: 584
  • 5B016CAB-B5AA-4C55-8B72-1E16EC2F7065.jpeg
    5B016CAB-B5AA-4C55-8B72-1E16EC2F7065.jpeg
    964.4 KB · Views: 10
What's their diet?
Purina duck pellets plus oyster shells. I’ve also recently been giving them NatureWise chick starter/grower to finish what I had left over from my chicks. Some days I’ll let them free range in the bit of woods and yard we have. I suspect if they ate anything bad it was from that

Purina duck pellets plus oyster shells. I’ve also recently been giving them NatureWise chick starter/grower to finish what I had left over from my chicks. Some days I’ll let them free range in the bit of woods and yard we have. I suspect if they ate anything bad it was from that
Are they eating enough? Sometimes bright poops are a sign of not eating enough.

Back
Top Bottom