Duck with Bumblefoot (Warning Viewer Discretion Is Advised)

If getting bigger I'd say a vet if you can even find one who will look at a duck. Do you have a vet that sees other animals in your family?Seems if it's getting bigger then something is defiantly going on int there.
X2 If you don't have an avian vet, look for a farm oriented vet. I haven't found an avian vet here, but the vet we have taken our ducks to has a specialty with horses and cows and as a result of dealing with farmers and ranchers has a lot of experience with chickens and some experience with ducks so she is still much better than a vet who sees nothing but dogs and cats all day (One of our most popular vets in town is that way - I am sure they are the best for dogs and cats, but I doubt they see any birds other then the occasional budgie or parrot.)

X2  If you don't have an avian vet, look for a farm oriented vet.  I haven't found an avian vet here, but the vet we have taken our ducks to has a specialty with horses and cows and as a result of dealing with farmers and ranchers has a lot of experience with chickens and some experience with ducks so she is still much better than a vet who sees nothing but dogs and cats all day (One of our most popular vets in town is that way - I am sure they are the best for dogs and cats, but I doubt they see any birds other then the occasional budgie or parrot.)

Do you know how much it will cost for him to get a foot surgery? We have an avian vet in Savannah.

I read that link, and while I agree that it's infection/bumblefoot and that it needs to be lanced and treated with antibiotics, I do not agree that injections should be given in the leg. To the best of my knowledge, all intramuscular injections in birds, chickens, waterfowl, gamebirds, etc should be given in the breast, NEVER IN THE LEG!

-Kathy

X2  If you don't have an avian vet, look for a farm oriented vet.  I haven't found an avian vet here, but the vet we have taken our ducks to has a specialty with horses and cows and as a result of dealing with farmers and ranchers has a lot of experience with chickens and some experience with ducks so she is still much better than a vet who sees nothing but dogs and cats all day (One of our most popular vets in town is that way - I am sure they are the best for dogs and cats, but I doubt they see any birds other then the occasional budgie or parrot.)

Do you know how much it will cost for him to get a foot surgery? We have an avian vet in Savannah.

Call them in the morning and ask for a "ballpark" quote.

-Kathy

Picture of his foot for today:

Back
Top Bottom