Duck with wing injury?

Colley12

Songster
Aug 26, 2022
Oregon
My 4 ducks stayed mostly in their house today, which I thought was weird, and wouldn't come out when I offered treats around mid day. I thought maybe because of the heat and whatnot. They only get locked in at night and have free access to our fenced back yard all day. It is not very big and has tall fences.

We have a golden retriever that has been with them since the beginning and has never chased or went after them. He is let in and out of the house regularly. I watch to make sure he doesn't eat their food and keep an ear out. They can be pretty loud if they are disturbed and i would know about it. Plus their hangout is right outside my French doors, I would of seen some disgruntled chasibg/running.

The ducks are 8 weeks old. While hanging out on the porch with them tonight, I noticed my drake Blacky has a wing that is having a hard time staying in place. He lifts it back up and then it slides back down. I took pictures and have a video below. Did my dog maybe chase or grab him, or could he have done something to it when getting out of the pool? I see no feathers around or blood on the ground. We picked him up to look at, so no blood on him either. He is limping slightly now too, on that same side. My question is now what do I do to help him and the wing??

Attachments

• 20220908_171807.jpg
    20220908_171807.jpg
    450.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220908_171805.jpg
    20220908_171805.jpg
    450.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
After some reading, is it just with his new feathers growing in and they're heavy?? He has those dark black feathers that are new. He doesn't seem to be limping now either.

Back
Top Bottom